Let’s call this a preview, kind of.
Last season was a hard one to watch for all Bruins fans. It was hard seeing a player go down to injury. It was harder to just stand there and watch those bandwagon Blackhawk fans laugh at us while their team was winning the Stanley Cup.
The Bruins have learned the hard way, and with all of these offseason trades and signings, we have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming season.
First, and foremost, we have the 2016 Winter Classic. I have a feeling it will be the best Winter Classic to happen. We have a great rivalry (B’s vs Habs), some sick looking logos (and hopefully uniforms), and of course, a great venue (Gillette). Outdoor hockey is always something to look forward to, and Bruins fans love bring outdoors.
Second, we have healthy players to look forward to. Kevan Miller, who required surgery on his right shoulder back in February. Due to the long offseason, his shoulder should heal properly, and should be ready to play in October. David Krejci, who suffered a partial MCL tear in his left knee, should be ready for next season as well.
Lastly, we have our prospects and new acquisitions to look forward to. Matt Beleskey and Jimmy Hayes are the obvious two players to look out for. I feel, without a doubt, that they will be huge difference makers for our team. Lots of Bruins fans will probably be upset about Milan Lucic or Reilly Smith, but we got to look toward the future, and our future begins with Beleskey and Hayes.
Here are some fun news stories to look at & get to get you excited for October!
- Bruins enter the season with a new ECHL affiliate, the Gwinnett Gladiators. (Boston Bruins)
- Who will be the Bruins Backup Goaltender this upcoming season? I’m going for Jeremy Smith. (The Hockey Writers)
- A good look at recent acquisition, Matt Irwin. (Causeway Crowd)
- Another look into the trade party, for Dustin Byfuglien? (Sports Illustrated)
- Also, Cody Franson is in talks with the Bruins. ESPN actually mentioned hockey for once! (ESPN)
- For those who don’t know much about our offseason moves, here is a round up. (Bleacher Report)
And, here are some of my posts that I made regarding the 2015-16 season, if you want to be even more excited!
- Deciding if Cody Franson or Marek Zidlicky would be a better match for our defence. (Solving our defense problem, with DATA)
- Let’s play the offseason trade game! (Playing the trade game First Edition)
- Predicting our lines for next season. (Bruins Season Preview Part 1)
See you in October.